Curiosity Cacti (Sm)
Scientific name: Cereus peruvianus var. monstrosus cactus
Specimen size: 6-8” height, comes in a nursery pot in-store, or ships bare root
Gnarly and easy-to-care-for mutant variety of a peruvian apple cactus! It can grow up to 10 feet tall!
Curiosity Cactus care:
1. Find a sunny spot for your curiosity cactus to soak up the sun's rays. Place it in a location where it can enjoy at least four to six hours of direct sunlight each day.
2. Keep your curiosity cactus cozy in temperatures ranging from 60 to 80 °F (15 to 27 °C). It can tolerate slightly cooler temperatures but avoid frosty conditions.
3. Embrace the drought-tolerant nature of your curiosity cactus. Water it sparingly, allowing the soil to dry out completely between waterings. Aim for once every 4-6 weeks, and less in the winter.
4. Provide your curiosity cactus with a well-draining soil mix to prevent waterlogged roots. Opt for a cactus or succulent-specific blend enriched with perlite or rocks for improved drainage.
5. Your curiosity cactus has unique growth patterns, and unusual textures. Corking/brown patches are normal, but can be prevented by rotating your cactus occasionally to allow for even sun on all sides.
6. Boost your curiosity cactus's growth with a diluted cactus fertilizer during the growing season. We highly recommend our house blend formula!
7. Keep an eye out for common pests like mealybugs or spider mites. Regularly inspect your curiosity cactus and promptly treat any infestations using an appropriate insecticide. Try our amazing house blend for weekly preventative treatment.